Mold Remediation and Restoration
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Mold Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mold Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
What Makes Mold a Hazard for Somerset Properties?
Mold is one of the most misunderstood disasters that can affect Somerset homes and businesses, primarily because many homeowners believe the problem can resolve itself. The presence of mold can be a substantial hazard for those exposed because mold colonies can produce volatile organic compounds (VOCs.) Additionally, a spreading mold organism can deteriorate affected matter acting as a host for the colony.
Meeting the Conditions for Mold Growth
As surprising as it might be, it is no great challenge to meet the requirements to facilitate mold growth in a Somerset structure. With higher humidity during many parts of the year here in New Jersey, you do not even need to have a pipe leak or some other unmanaged water loss to meet moisture requirements to feed active colonization. The spread of spores and VOCs is a considerable concern for our responding Applied Microbial Remediation Technicians (AMRT), and we can overcome this threat through the fast installation of containment barriers and equipment.
Why Remediation and Not Removal?
Removal is a very general term that can get misconstrued or misused to indicate the complete removal of all mold spores and microorganisms from your residence. This action is not possible, nor would it be necessary. Remediation involves the immediate risks from colonization and its effect on structural elements and contents in the house. We have strategies to remove the immediate threat, including:
- Soda blasting
- Antimicrobial products
- Controlled demolition
If You See Signs of Mold,
Call Us Today – (908) 251-9097
Confusion and misunderstanding surround the topic of mold and mold remediation. Some restoration businesses even make claims to remove all mold from a building. This is a fallacy. Mold spores occur naturally almost everywhere, both indoors and outdoors. These microscopic spores float along in the air and can enter a home or business through windows and HVAC systems. Consider these facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Why Choose SERVPRO of Southeast Somerset County?
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster
Mold spreads quickly, so a minor mold infestation can quickly escalate into a major problem. We’re dedicated to responding immediately when you contact us. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces cost.
We’re Highly Trained Mold Remediation Specialists
We are trained mold damage specialists who get started quickly to get your home or business back to normal, with specific training and certifications to handle your restoration needs.
- Applied Microbial Remediation Specialist
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technician
We Use Advanced Mold Remediation Techniques and Equipment
We invest in the latest equipment and ongoing mold remediation training because it helps us restore your home or business quickly and effectively. We will isolate the affected area using physical barriers and a negative air pressure chamber.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold infestation is different, from the amount of mold to the types of materials affected. Each scenario requires a unique solution, but the general process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our process for a “typical” mold remediation infestation:
- Emergency Contact - (908) 251-9097
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Common Mold Misconceptions
It’s easy to understand why many people struggle to grasp the facts and issues surrounding indoor mold because sensational news stories and advertising cloud and obscure the real issues. Educate yourself with the facts about mold and learn about the mold remediation process.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
We live and work in this community too; we might even be neighbors. As a locally owned and operated business, SERVPRO of Southeast Somerset County is close by and ready to help with your mold-damaged property. We are proud to be an active member of the Somerset community and want to pitch in and help make our community the best it can be.
When a major storm or event occurs, we can call upon our national network of 1,700 SERVPRO Franchises and special Disaster Recovery Teams if we need additional resources or personnel.
We are proud to serve our local communities: