Can SERVPRO Keep Your New Brunswick Business’s Doors Open After Water Damage?
SERVPRO technicians will be onsite within 4 hours of the initial call. We are second to none when it comes to water damage restoration.
Fast mitigation response can prevent a full shutdown of your New Brunswick business.
We understand how fast your shop can become overwhelmed by water damage incidents. The need for water cleanup can involve several actions happening as soon as our team first arrives. These mitigation strategies can keep your doors open, even in a limited capacity, during water damage remediation. These include:
- Water removal services
- Containment strategies
- Flood restoration
- Content relocation
What is Water Removal Services Equipment Necessary After Water Damage?
Removing standing water is a key element of water cleanup for New Brunswick shops. Eliminating any pooling prevents stock and your inventory from suffering damage from absorption and saturation. The equipment necessary for extraction and water removal services varies based on the severity of the situation and the impacted areas. Submersible pumps can often begin this removal effort, though they cannot remove the entirety of the standing water concern. Wet vacuums remain the most versatile extraction devices in our recovery inventory.
Water cleanup involves a range of services our SERVPRO of Southeast Somerset County team can provide. We are ready 24/7 to help at (908) 259-6860.
What Post-Fire Effects Can SERVPRO Overcome in Somerset Homes?
Smoke and soot removal is no easy task. SERVPRO uses EPA-approved biocides and detergents for fire damage removal.
Fires can be destructive to Somerset properties, but our restorers can help you on the journey back.
When smoke and fire damage threaten Somerset homes and businesses in the area, mitigation and cleaning solutions should get started as soon as possible. Our technicians are available at all hours to provide prompt emergency services once first responders clear the property for re-entry. We can help with:
- Fire damaged homes
- Fire and smoke damage
- Fire damage restoration
- Smoke damage
What Threatens Indoor Air Quality?
There are multiple ways that airborne particulates and fire damage in Somerset homes can be a threatening situation. Soot particles are among the most threatening debris circulating in the environment, as these are microscopic and carcinogenic. Without the appropriate personal protective equipment, those exposed could suffer health effects. Air filtration to improve indoor air quality (IAQ) involves:
How Does Surface Soot Soiling Get Removed?
Fire and smoke damage can also point to the soot and smoke particles coming to rest on surfaces and materials in the damaged areas of the property. With wet smoke incidents, this residue and soiling can become a thick and formidable presence on these surfaces, making it necessary to act quickly to remove it as soon as possible.
The longer that smoke residues are allowed to have a home on building materials or contents in the house, the more irreparable harm can result to the underlying material. Because of the natural acidic composition of soot particles, substrates can lose their finish and require controlled demolition if not resolved quickly. Some of the products necessary for loosening and removing substances on fire-damaged surfaces include:
- Alkaline Cleaners
What Materials Require Controlled Demolition?
A careful evaluation of the property is necessary after fire and smoke damage impacts properties. Because structure fires can be so destructive to building materials and installed structural elements, some degree of controlled demolition and subsequent reconstruction or repair is inevitable. Certain materials are more susceptible to this need for controlled demolition and later replacement than others, including drywall, carpeting, and many other fabrics and upholstery textiles. The inspection process can determine which of these materials cannot be restored and provide the necessary green light for removal.
Are Smoke Damage Odors Common After Extinguishment?
Among the most challenging obstacles that our professionals face when cleaning up after fire damage incidents are lingering odors that impact the property. Fire damage is often dealt with first, though smoke damage effects like noxious smells can linger long after extinguishment completes. Deodorization is one of the final stages of fire damage restoration in area homes and can include multiple tools in our inventory, including:
- Thermal Foggers
- ULV Foggers
- Hydroxyl Generators
- Ozone Machines
Despite how quickly fire damage effects can spread through homes, house fire clean-up by our SERVPRO of Southeast Somerset County team can get started fast to help. We are a trusted name in fire restoration available 24/7 at (908) 259-6860.
Can You Dry Your Own Rugs After Somerset Water Damage?
Water damage is no easy task. SERVPRO has the manpower and equipment for any size disaster.
SERVPRO aims to save Somerset floor coverings from water damage
Somerset is a community within Franklin Township, New Jersey. No one is quite sure whether Franklin Township was named for Benjamin Franklin or for his illegitimate son, William Franklin. The general consensus, however, is that townsfolk named the settlement for Benjamin Franklin.
Franklin Township and Somerset have a strong place in the history of the Revolutionary War. The British destroyed several farms in the area during their retreat from it. General Washington was staying in the area when he composed his farewell address to the army.
In the nineteenth century, the arrival of the Delaware and Raritan Canal brought prosperity to the area. Nowadays, New Jersey is a populous state, but the canal still provides a lovely place for rest and green spaces to explore.
Enjoy the many historic homes in the area.
The Somerset and Franklin Township area is overflowing with fascinating and beautiful historic houses. When you visit, be sure to stop and see:
- Tulipwood is a large and beautiful shingle-style home, which the architect Jacob August Lienau designed in 1892.
- The Van Wickle House was the home of Dutch settler Evert Van Wickle and his family. The house dates from the early eighteenth century. When the home was nearly sold in the 1970s, local people campaigned to preserve it for the local community. These days, the house is the site of many fun community activities, including Dutch Christmas celebrations, fireside chats, and Halloween merriment.
- The Van Liew-Suydam House is a beautiful and imposing house, which Peter Van Liew built in the eighteenth century. The house was recently used for filming a Stephen King miniseries!
Enjoy the freshest local food in and around Somerset.
New Jersey is proud to produce local food, from wines and beer to cheese and meat, and of course, plenty of fruit and vegetables. The New Jersey Department of Agriculture started Jersey Fresh in 1984 to give local producers a certified logo and encourage people to shop and eat locally.
If you are visiting Somerset, it is a good idea to keep an eye out for the Jersey Fresh logo so that you can enjoy the very best of local produce. It is fresher than anything shipped from elsewhere and better for the environment, too. Some great places to enjoy fresh Jersey food include:
- Jersey Fresh certified wineries, where you can sample the tastiest local varieties.
- The many on-farm markets where you can stop off at a farm and buy produce or pick your own.
- One of Jersey’s many community farmer’s markets, where you will find everything from vegetables to local crafts.
Should you try and dry rugs after water damage?
Water damage can leave rugs looking the worse for wear, and smelling rather nasty, too. Should you dry water-damaged rugs yourself or wait for the professionals?
It is a great idea to call SERVPRO for help because we can:
- Bring in dehumidifiers and air movers to dry the surface of your rugs.
- Send rugs out to specialist cleaning facilities if necessary.
- Carry out thorough testing before using cleaning products to ensure the product will not cause the color on the rug to run.
While waiting for us to arrive, feel free to pick up rugs and hang them so air can circulate.
If you are worried about your rugs after water damage, call SERVPRO of Southeast Somerset County at (908) 490-6462.
What Happens during Water Clean Up In New Brunswick?
No matter the size of water damage done to your home by appliances, SERVPRO has trained technicians with the experience you are looking for.
Water removal is just the first step in New Brunswick.
If you have a water spillage situation in your house, SERVPRO is here to help. We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster, and we can help with everything from small appliance leaks to significant plumbing floods.
When you have a water-related problem in your New Brunswick home, water removal is a vital first step. We need to evacuate water from your house before we can carry on with mitigation. We use a range of pumps and water extractors to remove water from your floors and press the moisture out of carpets and rugs.
However, water removal is just the first step. Of course, we must also clean and dry your home, but there are other things you might not have considered:
- We need to check inside and beneath wooden floors to be sure there is no water pooling there.
- We need to check inside walls to ensure there is no internal water damage or damage to the drywall.
- We need to check furniture, carpets, and drapes for damp spots, so they do not become home to mold.
For a water removal service that takes care of all the details, Call SERVPRO of Southeast Somerset County at (908) 490-6462.
Categories of Smoke Odors after Somerset Fire Damage
No matter the smoke and odor damage was done by fire to your home, SERVPRO has IICRC certified technicians for any size disaster.
SERVPRO assesses the needs of Somerset homes after fire damage
When you suffer a fire in your home, you need a fire cleanup crew you can trust to help put your house back together. SERVPRO takes care of cleaning your home and your belongings after a fire.
One primary concern for homeowners after fire damage in Somerset homes is leftover smoke odors. To help us deal with smoky smells, our technicians categorize smoke odors into three types:
- Light smoke odor situations occur when there is little visible smoke damage and no structural damage.
- Moderate smoke odor situations occur when there is some structural damage, and smoke residues appear on both horizontal and vertical surfaces.
- Heavy smoke odor situations occur when there is extensive structural damage, and the smoke effects spread far beyond the source of the fire.
The cleaning procedures are different for each type of smoke odor situation. In some cases, we will only need gentle cleaning and some deodorizing pellets, whereas other situations might call for a ULV fogger or an ozone generator. In all cases, we will remove charred and burned materials and arrange cleaning for all salvageable items.
No matter what the level of fire damage, we are here to help. Call SERVPRO of Southeast Somerset County at (908) 490-6462.
Can You Prevent Mold Damage to Your Business?
Mold can be frustrating, call SERVPRO of Southeast Somerset County for assistance today.
SERVPRO knows New Brunswick entrepreneurs are worried about mold
Whether you run a restaurant, a salon, or a store, it is vital to avoid mold growth if you can. Mold looks and smells terrible, which is not good for your reputation. It can also cause damage to your business premises.
When it comes to mold damage in your New Brunswick Business, it is better to prevent it if you can. Because mold occurs naturally, it is not possible to stop it from entering your building. However, there are some things you and your staff can do to help:
- Use dehumidifiers to keep humidity levels low.
- Take care of any leaks, such as faucets or leaky windows, as soon as you spot them.
- Do not have carpets in kitchens or bathrooms. Replace with lino if necessary.
- Use mold repellent paint in damp areas.
If you spot signs of mold, call SERVPRO at once. Please do not try to tackle the mold yourself, as many commercial cleaners make the problem worse. Our technicians will set up containment to seal the area and dry your premises to discourage regrowth.
If you are concerned about mold damage in your business, call SERVPRO of Southeast Somerset County at (908) 259-6860.
Is It Safe to Use Appliances after Flood Damage?
Trying to use appliances after a flood could be dangerous, call SERVPRO today for assistance.
Somerset residents are concerned about their appliances
After a flood, you may be worried about your appliances, especially if any of them were in the flood’s path. But is it safe to use devices after a flood, and is it ever possible to salvage them?
If you suffer flood damage in your Somerset home, it is best to call SERVPRO immediately. We have experienced technicians on hand who can deal with:
- Securing your home and making it safe to start the cleanup process.
- Drying out your house and belongings.
- Applying antimicrobial treatments to reduce mold risk.
- Deodorizing your home so that it smells fresh again.
We recommend that you do not handle or attempt to use any appliances the floodwater touched. Instead, call us - our technicians will arrive within four hours and can advise you on your next best steps. If necessary, we can call in expert electricians to assess the situation. We can also take photographs and provide information to help you make an insurance claim.
If you suffer flood damage in your home, call SERVPRO of Southeast Somerset County at (908) 259-6860.
Do You Need Help with Water Damage in your Business?
When mold hits your business, call SERVPRO we are here to help.
SERVPRO helps Somerset business owners get back on track
Somerset, which gets its name from the county of Somerset in England, is a charming community of just 22,083 people. Somerset has an impressive claim to fame, though: It was home to one of the first Marconi Wireless Stations in the United States. Engineers completed the New Brunswick Marconi Station in 1914, but in 1917 the United States Government confiscated it. The station became the primary radio link between the United States and the United Kingdom, and operators used it to transmit Woodrow Wilson's Fourteen Point Speech in 1918.
Visit the historic homes of Somerset
The Marconi Station is not the only historically exciting thing in Somerset! When you visit, be sure to check out these nearby sites:
- The Abraham Staats House used to be General Baron von Steuben's headquarters, and local lore says George Washington visited it twice. The house has an authentic Dutch section from 1740, including Dutch hinges, woodwork, and beams. The building was once a tiny two-room structure and is now one of the best-preserved examples of Dutch architecture in the area. Viewings are by appointment.
- The Jacobus Vanderveer House and Museum was General Henry Knox's headquarters during the Revolutionary War. It was also the home of the first Military Training Academy in the United States. The house offers an authentic look at Dutch colonial life and hosts regular re-enactments and educational events throughout the year.
- The Millstone Valley National Scenic Byway lets you step back into the canal era, with towpaths, quaint villages, and historic sites, including the newly opened Bridgetender's House Visitor Center. You can quickly drive the Byway in about an hour, but we recommend blocking out more time so you can explore the wealth of villages along the way. TheBywayy also offers opportunities for walking, cycling, fishing, and horseback riding.
Enjoy the freshest local produce
If you are hungry after exploring the homes and byways of Somerset, be sure to stop off at once of the local farmer's markets. Humans have been farming this area for hundreds of years, and there is still a strong tradition of enjoying local food. Many growers are embracing sustainable agricultural practices, and the site is getting increasingly popular with green tourists.
There are lots of lovely farmers' markets in the area, and they are the best way to enjoy local produce fresh from the field. Why not visit one of these popular gatherings:
- Bound Brook Farmers Market is well known for offering lots of local crafts and delicious food.
- Bedminster Farmer's Market offers everything from locally raised beef to handmade soaps, lotions, and much more.
- Bridgewater Farmers Market has a great selection of fruit, veg, and cheese, along with jewelry, face painting, and live music to entertain you.
Can you protect your business from water damage?
Water can damage the structure of your building, ruin décor, and put your business at risk of fungal growth. There are some things you can do to help prevent water damage:
Look for signs of mold, as this can be a sign of water damage.
Check bathrooms and kitchens for leaking faucets or pooling water.
Keep the roof, doors, and windows in good repair.
If you notice flood damage, call SERVPRO at once. Our trained technicians are waiting to help you get back in business. We take care of every aspect of water damage remediation, from assessment to drying, cleaning, and deodorizing.
For help with water damage, call SERVPRO of Southeast Somerset County at (908) 259-6860.
Inexperienced DIY Cleanup Can Make Fire Damage Worse
Are you and your family traumatized by fire damage? Contact SERVPRO at (908) 251-9097 for remediation and odor removal.
Fire damage handled by SERVPRO’s skilled team ensures best results in your Somerset home
Experiencing a fire in your home is overwhelming and traumatic. The last thing you want to do is make it worse by failing to take the right steps for cleanup. Calling in IICRC-certified technicians to your Somerset home will bring you quality, lasting results. SERVPRO handles initial charred debris cleanup, structural assessment, smoke and soot odors, and more!
It is vital that you know what to do after your home suffers from fire damage in Somerset. Even more crucial is knowing what NOT to do, such as:
- Never attempt cleaning of any electronics or appliances that have gotten subjected to water, heat, or fire.
- Never turn on your ceiling fixtures or overhead lighting if the ceiling is wet.
- Never use any packaged or canned beverages or foods that may have been located near the blaze.
- Never try to wash any painted surfaces or walls with over-the-counter cleaning products.
At SERVPRO, we know how to handle each unique situation with customized methods. Count on us for cleaning up protein fire residue, wet or dry smoke, fuel oil soot, and anything else generated during the fire emergency in your home.
Call SERVPRO of Southeast Somerset County at (908) 251-9097 when you need fire damage cleanup. We have crews available around the clock, and We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster!
New Brunswick Residents Deserve Rapid Flood Damage Cleanup
Dealing with flood damage in your home? Team SERVPRO is prepared with restoration equipment and experienced technicians. Call today.
SERVPRO is available after a storm to ensure you have prompt flood damage restoration in New Brunswick
When faced with any type of water damage or flooding during or after a storm, safety should always be the top priority. Until SERVPRO arrives to begin the initial assessment, you need to be careful of slip and fall hazards, electrical dangers, and more. Once we show up at your home, we will work quickly to mitigate the damage and leave your home in excellent condition, “Like it never even happened.”
After you suffer from flood damage in New Brunswick, there are several steps that you can take, including:
- Carefully blotting or mopping standing water
- Place wood blocks or shims between wet carpeting and furniture legs
- Gather up loose items from the floor
- Limit movement from the flood zone into unaffected areas of the home
Calling in SERVPRO for your flood cleanup gives you many advantages, including:
- 24/7 emergency response
- Highly-skilled water restoration technicians (WRT)
- Proven methods set forth by IICRC restoration standards
- Advanced extraction and moisture inspection equipment
- Controlled demolition, as needed – General Contractor License #: 13VH06622700
Whether you have a little or a lot of flood damage to deal with, SERVPRO of Southeast Somerset County is the team that you want to have in your corner. Request help online or give us a call any time of day or night for emergency service at (908) 251-9097.